Is it the riveting conversation? The ability to rub any, See its not conceivable. Me was not thinking of any Adversity When I thought Fanani Flava Only Nicesities Maybe It's the wine And the understanding wiles The place we've set for life to have smiles At every stage like a baby growing Though there's the late night pledge It's all a beauty wedged In its experience Fanani Flava; A place to Savor By Ketronique

November 2009

Choices, Habits, Tabia

What are the choices that make me,

Make you?

Choices to do one thing

Instead of another?

I procrastinate..

How do I know if I chose the best?

Or will I feel

once the choice is made

that there is a better way through?

Could my choices define me?

What do they reveal

Will I do as I feel?

Or is there more

If my choices define me,

My character.

Do I listen to my mother?

Or brother?

Or father?

What choices reveal who I really am?

Those everyday choices?

Yes, and some others

Those made in the dark

These choices can be stark

To love, rather than hate my brother

I make choices everyday

Through the things I do

Through the things I say

The times I play

And these add up

to who I am

Yes and those choices in the dark

When no one watches

Those choices reveal

What I really believe

Not just what others perceive

Those times in the dark

Determine the real me

When feelings feel unreal

Is any choice good?

Again I procrastinate

Its hard to stand alone

But if I don’t

I’m not the person that I could be

Then on that final day

Will I stand?

Will I fall?
Will a test determine this

Before the judge of all?

Yes I believe I will

Though my strength may be small

For there is another

who helps those who fall

So I will make those choices

Some large some small

And on that final day

Before the judge of all

As he determined to help me

By giving his all

With his help, I know,

I will stand tall

Annie Forester, Nov 2009

No comments: